Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blank blog and wiki templates

Good day everyone !

Yesterday i had to go to the library on campus and stay there the whole day. I wanted to work on my wiki but the more i tried the more confused i was. Firstly i wanted to choose a template for my wiki but in vain succeed.
All i could see was a list of things- company policies, directory and many others.
I do not know whether these are the templates, again i did not know how these can be applied to my wiki. i read the instructions but could'nt understand a word. "tagging the template"- all the jargon used in the instructions made no sense to me at all.

Again i wanted to send a comment to my classmates, hoping to get help but when i opened my blog, it was blank, i couldn't recognise the blog at all. Strange thing is when i clicked on "view blog" i saw my blog- the template i choose, the postings and everything but when i go to post a comment, the screen just froze, the template i used disappered and everything was a mess. i was frustrated.

Today i logged on to my blog to see if this is still the case and i am suprised to find my blog looking fine but the problem is a posting that is incomplete due to the problems i experienced yesterday ! it's title is "wiki template". There are no comments available, just the title. I wanted to delete it and do it afresh, but i am still struggling with that. Atleast i am relieved to find my blog looking fine.

1 comment:

Mapule said...

Hi Lamla

I tried to work on my wiki yesterday, to check if I can create a picture (slides show) like your one. Can please tell me how did you do it? I also have interesting criteria we can use to evaluate our sites, i would e-mail you to your g-mail address.