Saturday, May 24, 2008

CREATING A NEW WIKI (theavidcityreader2656638.pbwiki.com

The decision to create a new wiki was the best decision i have ever made, i couldn' edit my wiki. Everytime i tried to edit it, it gave me an error message that "the browser shut down while editing the page, then i was either forced to continue editing the page or forced to delete the page. nut either way, i could not save the changes. i was so anxious because the due date was in a few hours. i collaborated with Mapule and my lecturer who also acknowledged that the free pbwiki version we are using is giving us a lot of problems so i made the decision to start a new wiki. This was not easy because the pbwikiteam didn't expect me to choose anotherfree version this time around, it took me straight to the page where i must put in my banking details but ultimately i managed to create a new wiki.

The biggest mistake i made was to copy from the old wiki to paste on the new wiki, what happened is, everytime i edited on the wiki or when i clicked on the links it took me back to the old wiki. i would then spend hours and hours editing the old wiki, not knowing that i am working on the old wiki, instead of the new one. It was only today when i realised my error butfortunately i could rectify it on time but unfortunately the time i have wasted can never be returned.

Thank you Thea for the extension, atleast i could manage to do a thing or two even though i still feel i could have done better than this !
To my classmates, thank you it was a real fun collaborating and sharing ideas, insights and knowledge with you. I hope we can continue doing this even with our research proposals and the final reasearch projects. THANK YOU

No comments: