Monday, May 5, 2008

Now how do i put in taxonomies, Any takes ?

Good Evening to you all !

My last week has been more about conceptualising the content of the wiki and for a change i decided not to concentrate more on the look (customising the wiki) and i must say i made progress, atleast in my own terms.
I still hope to come up with more creative ideas though. At last i managed to upload some PowerPoint presentation i had in mind. I still need to figure out a way of putting on the links and taxonomies so that it can be easy for me and other people using the wiki to find the useful inforamtion easy and quickly I want to have the information arranged in a systematic manner that will link all the documents that contain similar content together.
To my disappointment i couldn't upload more than two documents in the document repository and as a result i have two pages that serve as my document repositories, i am still not sure whether it is possible for me to have only one repository that stores all my documents.

Please i need your guidance and input on this one.
Thank you

1 comment:

Thea said...

Hi Lamla
I have made the test wiki I created to use in the KM P&T class public. You can go to uwckmpt2008test.pbwiki.com to view it. You will see how I structured the taxonomy that leads to the Document Repository on the wiki.
It is possible to upload more that 2 documents to the repository. Read the instructions above the table on the document repository page. To add rows you must be in edit mode and then if you click anywhere in the table it give you an option to add rows or columns. Good luck!